How to Register to use the Australia Post Label Print Service (LPS)
Our eParcel label generation plugins for both WooCommerce and OpenCart require registration to use the Australia Post Label Print Service. This allows the plugin to generate official Australia Post labels to affix to your outgoing deliveries.
There are three steps to registering for Australia Post's Label Print Service (LPS):
- Register with the Aust Post Development Centre
- Register with the Label Print Service API suite
- Creating your API Service Profile
Registering with the Aust Post Development Centre
- Go to the Developer Centre via https://developers.auspost.com.au. If you already have an a Australia Post Customer number (10 digit ) then please skip to step 4.
- Click the login link in the top right of the page and select Create an account on the next page.
- Complete the required fields and click the Create an account button
- You will then receive an activation email from Australia Post. Simply follow the instructions to complete the activation process.
- Once the activation has been completed, you should be logged into the My Account page of https://id.auspost.com.au. Please note down your Australia Post Customer Number, you'll need it in the next step.
Registering with the Label Print Service API suite
- Now that you have your 10-digit Australia Post Customer Number (APCN) go to https://auspost.com.au/forms/lps-registration.html and complete the registration form.
Once you submit the registration form, Australia Post should contact you (usually within one business day) to request sample labels and manifest. See the email example below.
Thank you for your interest in the Label Print Service API.
Currently customers wanting to gain access to the Label Printing Service are required to supply test labels before being sent access to the API.
If you are a current/new Web UI user please note that your current platform is GS1 compliant, therefore unless you intend to develop your own printing options you will not need to request access to the LPS
Please find attached the "Label Printing Service - Technical Specification" document which provides detailed information on the process required to submit test labels.
On successful completion of your test labels you will receive an invitation for production access.
Upon receiving this email, there is no need to send test labels to Aust Post. Simply respond to them with:
We're using the WebDev eParcel service and labels and manifests have already been approved.
- Your account should be activated shortly thereafter and you should receive an invitation email for your production login
Creating your API Service Profile
- Activate your invitation per the instructions in the email from Australia Post by logging into https://id.auspost.com.au, viewing your invitation, and accepting it on the subsequent screen.
- Once you've accepted your invite, you should be taken back to the homepage for the site. Scroll down the page and select the Delivery Choices APIs link.
- On the My Account page, scroll down and select the Create new service profile button
On the Create new service profile
- Note the User ID, this is required to enter into the settings of the WebDev eParcel Plugin
- Give the new profile an Alias - eg. WebDev, and complete the remaining mandatory fields. Please take note of the Password, again you will need this for the settings of the WebDev eParcel Plugin.
- Select Label Printing Service as the API you would like to use
- Hit the Create button to save the new profile
Don't forget that help is available! If you get stuck just get in touch with us and we will do what we can to guide you through.